Review: Nair Candy Apple Sugar Wax

Hello there!

Here with a review!

First off, I just wanted to say thank you to ChickAdvisor, as they sent this to me to review as part of their Product Review Club. (And a double thanks for extending the deadline for me. Hair removal is the last thing you're thinking about when you're in bed with the flu).

If you'd like to learn more about the Product Review Club (I highly recommend it), check out ChickAdvisor here.

On with the review.


Overview:

Time consuming but very effective way to remove hair.

Price:

This was given to be by the ChickAdvisor Product Review Club, I'm not too sure what the retail price is.

Rating:

6.5 / 10

Would I Buy Again?

I'm on the fence about it. I'm going to keep on trying it out until I perfect my technique! :)

Rambling Review

This is the first time I have tried using hot wax in spatula and tub form. I purchased a Veet electric hot wax product which wasn't all that great, so I wasn't sure what to expect from this one. Just a bit of background, I usually shave my legs but wax my underarms using cold wax strips.

The kit comes with a little tongue depressor stick, re-usable fabric sheets, instructions, and the tub of wax. Something I really liked was that the sheets are re-usable, you just need a bit of water to remove the wax from them.

 

The wax was super easy to heat up, you just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It warmed up evenly and at the perfect temperature. The smell is quite pleasant (candy apple, yum) and the consistency was great. Now I was ready to go. I started with my legs and then I moved onto my underarms.


The first thing I noticed was it was a little awkward to get the right amount of wax on my legs. When I ripped off the sheets, there was still a bit of wax left over.


My fingers were getting sticky and making sure I didn't mess up the wax everywhere on my carpet (bad idea doing it in my carpeted room probably...) was a bit of a challenge.

What I noticed though was that my legs and underarms ended up really really smooth. I'm very happy with the results and I can guess that this would last longer than shaving (they claim it lasts up to 4 weeks).


After finishing, I was sorta sticky all over. I was not planning to take a shower, so I had to run a towel under water to remove the wax. The good thing was it was very easy to remove. Other cold wax products I have dealt with have been a hassle to get the excess wax off. One thing I did notice is that it turned my fingers red after washing the fabric strips off!


It's not super stained, but definitely noticeable.

My tips for using hot wax:
All in all, I'm excited to try this again. I think with practice and timing, this could be a very good alternative to shaving.

Thanks for reading!

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: